Football NSW Metro Lightning have claimed their seventh win on the trot in the U15 Girls Championships, defeating Capital Football 3-2 on Thursday morning.

Metro lightning started the game with a dominant spell of possession as they looked to break down Capital Football. It wouldn’t take them long as Alessandra Valle broke through the defence to slot the ball into the bottom corner.

Metro Lightning kept up their dominance with continued pressure on the CF goal and would be in again as Mary Stanic-Floody lofted the ball towards Abigail Stanton in the CF goals, with the keeper unable to keep the effort out.

Minutes later and Stanic-Floody had grabbed her second, this time sending a powerful shot straight past the keeper.

CF began to grow into the game, launching counter-attacks towards the Metro Lightning goal but lacked the finishing touch as they struggled to break down a solid defence.

Audrey McLaren had a great chance to pull one back for CF, but was denied by a strong save from Ivana Rozman. Getting onto the end of a well placed through ball, McLaren controlled the ball and looked to shoot past the oncoming Rozman, but a strong pair of hands denied CF their opening goal of the match.

Metro Lightning went into the half time break with their lead intact, and the result surely in the bag.

Capital Football started the second half stronger than the first, with Charlie Gregson pulling a shot just wide of the goal.

CF were rewarded for their strong start, as Gregson broke down the right flank and saw her pass towards a teammate deflect off a NSW defender and into the goal.

The second half played out differently to the first, as CF began to take control of proceedings, creating multiple chances but still lacked the final touch to reduce the deficit.

In a stroke of unfortunate luck, Daisy Canavan looked to have scored getting the ball past the keeper but was cruelly denied as the ball rebounded off one post and into the other before being gathered by the keeper.

With under a minute left, CF pulled one back with Daisy Canavan blasting the ball into the back of the net, leaving the keeper with no chance. Despite their best efforts, Capital Football wouldn’t be able to find an equaliser, the game ending 3-2 to Metro Lightning.